Education Manager - Wildwood Escot, Devon
Start Date: Early July
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Closing date for applications: June 2nd
We are looking for a highly motivated, self-starter to manage our comprehensive education portfolio.
The successful applicant will have a passion for education, wildlife and the natural world with outstanding team leadership and organisational skills.
We are looking for an experienced educator to plan, organise and deliver an exciting range of outdoor education activities designed to enthuse and inspire. You will be expected to manage a small, dedicated team of educators, liaise with staff from other departments, parents and teachers; thus, excellent leadership and communication skills are a must.
Our dynamic portfolio includes both day visit and residential educational experiences, which feature a broad range of logistical challenges requiring a strategic thinker with substantial managerial and problem-solving experience.
If you have a minimum of three years’ experience in outdoor education and activities, a comprehensive working knowledge of the National Curriculum, demonstrable experience in the effective management of health and safety issues and the ability to lead and inspire, then we would like to hear from you.
The post is full time with a start date of early July 2017 and will entail evening and weekend work.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Minimum of three years’ experience in outdoor education and activities
- Outstanding team leadership and organisational skills
- A comprehensive working knowledge of the National Curriculum, especially the Primary curriculum, and engaging with / reporting to relevant agencies, such as Ofsted
- An active interest in the latest educational approaches, pedagogies and debates
- Demonstrable experience in the effective management of health and safety issues
- Comprehensive commercial awareness and experience working with and managing budgets
- A genuine knowledge, passion and enthusiasm for the natural world
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- High levels of literacy, accuracy and attention to detail
- Reflective and able to evaluate your work critically
Interpersonal skills (Essential):
- A highly motivated self-starter with a strong commitment to meeting the Charity’s objectives
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels with a range of audiences
- Highly adaptable, able to prioritise and operate effectively on own initiative
- Able to communicate sensitively and effectively at all levels
- Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively; able to work to deadlines
- Able to work well as part of a team, and establish constructive and collaborative relationship with colleagues
- A practical and enthusiastic approach to learning outside the classroom that inspires others
- A teaching qualification or demonstrable experience
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualification or demonstrable experience
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate subject area for the post