See what it is like to be a zoo keeper at Wildwood. This is your chance to spend a day behind the scenes at Wildwood to discover how we look after our animals to keep them happy and healthy.
There is no such thing as a typical zoo keeper's day, but a typical Wildwood Keeper Experience Day may involve the following supervised activities:
- Delivering feed to some of our animals.
- Tour of kitchens and off public areas
- Food preparation for herbivores (including chopping fruit and vegetables and/or browse collection)
- Food preparation for carnivores (preparing dead chicks, chickens, fish, mice, rats, rabbits or larger animals for feeding out or live food for insectivores - mealworms, crickets and worms)
- Cleaning out/poo picking enclosures and night quarters
- Enclosure refurbishment
- Animal enrichment
But working with animals is rarely typical, so be prepared for anything that may happen on the day! And don't forget to bring your camera - there will be lots of photographic opportunities.
Cost: £149 per person for the full day at Wildwood, including refreshments, commemorative T-shirt and mounted colour photo.
Dates: Just one lucky person per month will be able to book this unique experience, contact us for dates available.
Download our Adult Zoo Keeper for a Day
(PDF) for information, contract and booking form, then return it to us. We can take a provisional booking by phone, but we need the form to secure your place. Completed booking forms with payment should be sent to:
Cheques should be made payable to "Wildwood Trust".