Media Assistant (Part-Time)
Function: Public Relations
Salary: £17,000 to £21,000 pro rata 3 days per week
Responsible to: Strategic Director
The Media Assistant’s role will be to assist in generating media interest in our charity’s work and maximise support from media and opinion formers in social media and traditional media.
The post will be the personal assistant to the Strategic Director, promoting and organising media interviews, lectures, developing viral social media and press activity to get people supporting our charity and rewilding projects.
This post is offered as 3 days per week – flexibility in working hours is possible.
This post’s key objectives are:
- Weekly press release & daily social media posts focused on opinion formers journalists and influencers
- Maintenance of email lists and social media contacts of journalists and opinion formers
- To develop innovative rewilding and conservation campaigns that can be monetised through attracting donations and gathering of contact details
- Pitch ideas to TV companies and ensure their needs are met – keeping a current list of all ideas and developing new ones
- PA duties to Strategic Director, specifically in organising interviews, wildlife filmmaking, lectures and media profile.
We are looking for someone with a real drive to make a difference and make rewilding popular with a willingness to get involved in wildlife film making and ensuring success in traditional and new media. A background in public relations, marketing, media production and competency in media technology will be a distinct advantage although enthusiasm will be paramount.
The post holder will receive mentoring and direction from the Strategic Director who is an experienced wildlife film maker and contributor, developing their skills in effective campaigning for our charitable objectives.
Application is by C.V. and must contain the following information:
Applications will not normally be acknowledged. If you would like yours to be acknowledged, please enclose a stamped, self-addressed postcard.
Applications should be sent to Human Resources Manager, Wildwood Trust, Herne Common, Herne Bay, Kent, CT6 7LQ. email@example.com
The closing date for applications is August 21st 2019.
For a full job description, click here.