Group Volunteer Days at Wildwood
Wildwood is committed to improving conditions for wildlife throughout the UK and we need your help. We offer a volunteering day with an emphasis on team work as well as an amazing wildlife adventure. You will be able to see the benefits that your team work has made around the park and spend time with your group in a beautiful woodland setting.
Come and volunteer for a valuable experience you and your team will never forget! Group numbers can be up to a max of 15 people and are open to all levels of fitness and strengths.
Important: All applicants for volunteering must be over 18 years of age. Please be aware that these days are limited and we may not be able to guarantee the type of tasks as they depend on the seasonal needs, size of group, staff availability and work priorities at the time.
Activities could include
- Vegetation clearance
- Planting native trees & plants
- Ditch clearance
- Enclosure maintenance & restoration
- General woodland maintenance
Volunteer day includes
- All day park admission
- Free teas/coffees from our café throughout the day
- Morning and/or afternoon volunteering tasks to complete around the park
- All equipment needed to complete tasks on the day
Benefits to us
- Enthusiastic volunteer groups to help us with the on-going workload
- Our conservation message spread to a wider audience
- Build links with local organisations
- Meet a wide variety of eager volunteers
Benefits to you
- Re energise staff and enhance team building skills
- Contribute to a local charity in your community
- Fantastic opportunity to volunteer in 40 acres of woodland, far removed from the office environment
- Learn about the types of conservation methods used to help save our British animals
Thank you for having us. Everyone said it was the best day volunteering they had ever done. They have all asked to come back next year.'
Harry Fairfield, CBCI, Manager – Business Continuity Management, Lloyds Banking Group
'The whole team thoroughly enjoyed their day at Wildwood, we somehow managed to clear the Polecat enclosure which was a lot harder than we first realised it was going to be but it was such a fun, enjoyable and satisfying job to do'
Jessica, Claims Validation Case Handler at Direct Line
'Many thanks for a great day last week Laura. The staff were fantastic, we really enjoyed it'
Lauren, Complaints Advisor for Specialist Children’s Services, Kent County Council
Wildwood does not charge for these volunteering days, however donations towards our charity are always welcome!