Easter at Wildwood
Saturday 6th April - Monday 22nd April
Spring is in the air, new life is blossoming at Wildwood and we're gearing up for Easter holidays. We have plenty of activities to entertain adults and children over the egg-citing two week period, including free talks, feeds, activities and a FREE 'Find the Egg' trail with a draw for some great prizes.
We also have our menagerie of British wildlife from past and present, a new red squirrel walkthrough, a kiosk for tasty snacks and beverages, our bears out of hibernation and our egg-xtraordinary playpark - all wrapped up in 40 acres of ancient woodland.
We can't wait to see you this Easter!
Meet an Animal
Your chance to meet one of our cuddly, friendly critters. Ask at our admissions area for times on the day when you arrive.
Find out more about the history and behaviour of our animals with engaging talks and feeds by our wildlife experts.
- 11am - Otters
- 12pm - Wolves
- 1pm - Bears
- 2pm - Red Squirrels
- 3pm - Fallow Deer
- Touchtables - Get close to nature and interact with antlers, skulls, furs and other tactile animal artifacts at our touchtables.
- Whose Poo/Nest? - Learn about and see the nests and poo of British animals.
- Mask Making - Use one of Wildwood's templates and make your own British wildlife mask.
- How to Feed a Zoo - Learn all about the nutritional needs of our animals and what it takes to keep over 200 animals fit and healthy.
* All talks will take place at the animals' enclosures. Talks, meet an animal and activities may vary, please check the noticeboard on entry to the park for daily details.
'Find the Egg' Trail
It's free, it's over the whole of the Easter break and it involves beautiful eggs. Help your little ones to find our eggs throughout the park, fill out the trail card with the correct answers and then enter into our prize draw for a chance to win vouchers.
Our resident bushcraft expert, Steve Kirk, will be running FREE events throughout the park on Tuesdays and Wednesdays over the holiday period.
Morning - Atlatl Spear Throwing
Afternoon - Bushcraft
Morning - Nature Walk
Afternoon - Nature Walk
* Wildwood Watch must be booked in advance (speak to our shop staff on 01227 209621 or email email@example.com
). Limited Spaces. Min Age 7. Children must be accompanied by an adult.