We have specific memberships aimed at local Childminders and Nursery Schools. We want to help ignite the children’s curiosity and enthusiasm for learning, through appreciation of our native wildlife and natural woodland. Our parks provide a fantastic outdoor setting in which children can develop a respect for living things and the natural world, whilst extending their learning and encouraging them to take safe risks in all seven areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) Learning.
An all year-round membership allows you to re-visit animals throughout the year and enables you to look at patterns in the natural environment from the new-born wild boar, red squirrels building their dreys for winter, to the changing of colour of the leaves on the trees through the seasons. From short visits making use of the extensive play equipment to full days armed with lunchboxes and drawing pads, Wildwood is a perfect addition to your curriculum.
Here’s a brief summary of why Wildwood is the ideal learning experience for your children
Set in ancient Woodland
- Immerse your children in our natural woodland habitat.
- Experience seasonal changes first-hand.
- Accessible pathways and ramps throughout the park.
Lots to see and do
- See our collection of rare and threatened species of animals from Britain’s past and present; between our parks we have about fifty species of animals.
- Large adventure playgrounds with an array of outdoor adventure play at each of our parks, including our amazing heart-stopping tree-top vertical drop slides.
- Free animal talks suitable for all ages; a chance to see our animals a little closer and find out more about them.
- Restaurants serving hot and cold food and drinks.
- Picnic areas if you wish to enjoy your packed lunch amongst the trees.
- Ample free parking, and dedicated disabled parking.
- Toys, gifts and memories to take away, all available in our shops.
You can also download a park Risk Assessment to help plan your visits.
If you wish to apply, please download and complete the relevant application form below for your closest park and return to us via email or by post at:
Here’s what some of our childminders and nurseries say about us;
“Running, climbing, hiding, chasing, exploring, navigating, laughing, playing!!! And this is all in the play park before we get to the animals.”
“As an outdoor nursery our membership with Wildwood was an obvious choice. A perfect exploring environment for the Early Years.”
How can we help tie in with EYFS learning?
At the Wildwood Trust, we understand that every child is unique and constantly learning from their surroundings. To see how we can help you further with all seven areas of EYFS learning, click here.
If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call and speak to one of the team at Kent on 01227 712111 or Escot on 01404 822188 to discuss how to start your very own childminder or nursery adventure with us.